Job Title: Scheduling Assistant
Reports To: Service & Installation Coordinator
The Scheduling Assistant is a seasonal, part-time employee. The primary focus of this position is to assist the Service Coordinator and Installation Coordinator with overflow phone calls, filing of all customer paperwork, and scheduling of service calls and pool installations as necessary. This position requires an up-beat, friendly and communicative person that works well in a fast paced environment.
All employees are expected to abide by the policies set forth by the Employee Handbook and all amendments and updates to that handbook. Company employees will also uphold the values and standards of Country Leisure Mfg.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Call customers to confirm upcoming service visit or pool installation
- Assist with the preparation of necessary paperwork for installation/delivery crews/service technicians prior to their appointments
- Assist with collecting completion paperwork and final payment for Accounting from installation/delivery crews/service technicians after appointments are completed
- Filing of necessary paperwork and electronic files in customers file and within the customer database
- Assist with scheduling of service calls and pool installations as necessary
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct to the appropriate department
- Performs file audits on customer files as directed by the Service and Installation Coordinators
* The duties listed above are not comprehensive and may be changed, altered, or re-assigned at any time by a superior.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to a variety of questions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.