Department: Outside Operations
Reports To: Outside Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pool Installer is a seasonal employee and hours worked are determined by the amount of customer orders. The season is generally March through September and a Pool Installer typically works very long hours as the season progresses. Pool Installers receive daily work orders from the Manager of Outside Operations, pick up the pool kit from the warehouse, and then arrive at a customer's home to construct the pool.
All employees are expected to abide by the policies set forth by the Employee Handbook and all amendments and updates to that handbook. Company employees will also uphold the values and standards of Country Leisure Mfg.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Loads vehicle and trailer with appropriate tools, pool kit, and accessories for order
- Assists in leveling yard in preparation for installation
- Assembles pool kit, installs liner, ladder, and pump system
- Repairs any ruts, picks up trash, and otherwise returns customer's yard to previous condition
* The duties listed above are not comprehensive and may be changed, altered, or re-assigned at any time by a superior.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals..
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Less than high school education; or up to three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must be able to travel to various parts of the state on a daily basis.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.