Accounting Assistant (Seasonal)
Reports To: Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Accounting Assistant position is a part-time, seasonal position. The primary focus is data entry, accounts payable, daily cash deposits, and account reconciliations. This position reports to the Controller and works with the entire accounting office to complete required tasks at regular intervals. No supervisory responsibilities are included with this position, but the employee must be highly self motivated and personally accountable. He or she must have the capability to change pace as the tempo of business peaks and declines. Being well-organized and detail oriented are exceptionally important to this position.
All employees are expected to abide by the policies set forth by the Employee Handbook and all amendments and updates to that handbook. Company employees will also uphold the values and standards of Country Leisure Mfg.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reconciles daily retail register transactions for four individual retail stations
- Receives, reports, and scans all incoming personal checks from accounts receivable and retail sales
- Posts all bills and accounts payable to accounting software, Evosus
- Reconciles various bank and credit card accounts
- Collects receipts from transactions made on company credit cards and keys into accounting software, Evosus
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in daily transactions within and outside the business
* The duties listed above are not comprehensive and may be changed, altered, or re-assigned at any time by a superior.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
Ability to work with simple mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing as well as a firm understanding of profit margins and markup rates. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with specific emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
A semi-flexible schedule is necessary for the peak season. It is not uncommon to work overtime during the busiest parts of the year.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.